Thursday, October 4, 2012

she is a princess

Hi. There are few things you should know about me. (If you know me even remotely well, these things won't come as any surprise to you.) 1. I am obsessed with the color yellow. I LOVE yellow. It means happiness, sunshine, fun loving, and it's bright; just like I try to be everyday. 2. No matter how old I get, I will NEVER stop loving all things Disney. Disneyland, Disney movies, Disney Channel, Disney Characters, Disney EVERYTHING. Everything about Disney just screams bliss, does it not? I mean, how can you ever go wrong with a company who's mission statement is, "To make people happy." I mean, come on! Happiness!! Walt, you are one gifted guy. I think we're going to be friends in heaven. :)
While watching the Disney Channel tonight, I saw this video. They aired it in between episodes of Phineas and Ferb. (My favorite.)





Lately even the tissue commercials make me weep like a child, but I feel this one would have brought tears to my eyes regardless of the insane hormones racking my body. The entire time, I couldn't help but think of her. 

Our sweet baby girl.  Our princess. 

She is a princess. I saw her in the faces of each of these beautiful princess in the video. I know we don't know what she looks like quite yet, but I just... saw, you know? She is a princess and she is loved more than she realizes. Yet.

 I loved all of the principles expressed in this video; all of the wonderful and powerful attributes these princesses see inside of themselves. Especially at the end, "Family is the tightest bond of all." Oh, how true the statement is. Before we had even started to think about children, Todd and I would stay up, lying in bed (probably spooning...) and talking about the kind of parents we wanted to be, and the type of family and home environment we wanted to try and cultivate in our home. As we all know, the future is uncertain, but if one thing was for sure, our children would know how much they are loved. Not only by us, (which is already such an insanely giganormous amount I'm not even sure I comprehend it,) but how perfectly they are loved by their Heavenly Parents and their Savior, Jesus Christ. 

The thing that I wish that all those sweet princesses in the video knew (who knows, maybe some of them do!) is that they are all really are LITERAL princess! 100%, true blue, can't eat can't sleep, world series kind of princesses! Want to know why? Because WE are all daughters of a Heavenly King. That makes us princesses. Our little girl will know she is a princess. In ALL senses of the word. She will know she is loved, important, and has self worth. She will know that she is beautiful, strong, and brave. We are going to do our very best to teach her to be generous, kind hearted, and loving.

She is a princess. Our princess. His princess. And she is loved more than she will ever know. 


4 comments:

  1. Ultrasound pictures are my favorite :) She is so lucky to have such a wonderful mommy and daddy. So excited for you to become a mom. There truly is nothing better. And I really do mean that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so perfect. i just about to email it to all my young women. you're a beautiful wonderful delightful soul, and your little princess is sooo lucky and blessed to be yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED this video! Thank you for sharing-- and I loved the second part of the post, I was literally thinking the same thing the whole time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay stop. Sitting here crying and loving this!! Such a great Disney video! You two are just gonna be the best parents this sweet little girl could ask for. Love you!

    ReplyDelete