Wednesday, January 16, 2013

the pregnancy post

In my head, I had all these grand intensions of being a way good blogging human while I was pregnant so I could remember every last detail about this incredible journey. 
But then I didn't.  Oops. 
So, I'll quickly sum it up the best I can. 
( I have other places that I've kept the details on, but those places are for mine and Toddy's eyes only. ;) )




I honestly cannot come up with another word to describe pregnancy other than sacred.
Yes, it sometimes is a little hard. Yes, peeing every 30 minutes all through the night probably isn't my favorite thing in the world. But overall, there isn't anything in this world I would rather be doing. The experiences I am having are sacred. Plain and simple as that.


Feeling our baby girl move inside my belly is indescribable. As each day passes, I find myself falling more and more in love with her; more and more anxious for her arrival. It's so fun, I learn so much about her when I just sit back, relax and feel her moving all around. For one, I already know that she is a daddy's girl. :) Every time Todd talks, or puts his hands on my belly, she goes nuts. ( I don't blame you, baby girl. I'm crazy about him, too :) )


I have learned countless lessons over these last 9 months. But, something that I've learned that has been a theme lately is: family is the most important. Not that I didn't know it before, but it has become much more apparent, much more solidified for me. Toddy and baby girl are MY most importants. There is absolutely nothing in this world more important to be than them. I love my little family. I love that we are a little family. Hey Toddy, thanks for taking the first step in starting our forever family and asking me to marry you. I really love you. Thanks for loving me.  I cannot wait to see you melt like snow when you meet the other love of your eternity. ;)





All pictures taken by Tif Hafen of tifphotography.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Okay, almost cried while reading this. Your little family is so beautiful! Your little family is sacred! I'm so thankful to know you and for how you've blessed our even littler family! Love these beautiful photos! Love you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are beautiful. inside and out. i'm thrilled for you. you're such a light Cort. I can't wait to meet your baby girl. You and Todd will be the most wonderful parents. don't forget to tell me when it happens!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! you guys are adorable and Tif's pictures are awesome as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's really nice and meanful. it's really cool blog. Linking is very useful thing.you hav e really helped lots of people who visit blog and provide them usefull information. Pregnancy Week 10

    ReplyDelete