Wednesday, March 5, 2014

HAPPINESS EXPERIMENT

YOU GUYS. I AM LITERALLY OBSESSED WITH THIS SONG RIGHT NOW! Like legitimately obsessed. I think I've played *this* version like 14 times today.  It's inspired me.. it's given me a really really great idea.... :)


BACKSTORY:
I was having a conversation with two of my greatest friends this past weekend. A majority of the conversation was about our normal random happy lives, but for a while we got talking about some really heavy and sad things that are happening in the world today. It started the scary chain reaction that happens in my brain and I had the thought, "where did all the happiness go?" Because if we're being real, there is SO MUCH SAD in the world and in the lives of so many people worldwide right now.  It gets hard to see the happiness. THEN I heard a quote in church on Sunday. (GOODNESS GRACIOUS I love being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.)

"If you look around you and seem to see that there is no hope, BE that hope. Be the hope and happiness that others can look to when they are having a dark moment. They can see you and be able to say, 'there is still light in the world.'  That way, not only will you be their hope, but also your own."



So! I want to do a little experiment.. :) 

WHO WANTS TO BE IN A VIDEO TO THE SONG WITH ME?! I don't even care if we've never met or haven't talked in years or if I saw you yesterday or ANYTHING. Just send me a video of YOU dancing to the song "HAPPY" by Pharrell Williams! It could be just a part of the song, or all of the song, you jamming alone or with all of your peeps, in your house, at the park, in your car.... it doesn't matter! Or you don't even have to dance! Do or show me whatever makes you HAPPY! ;) And after you do it, tell all your friends to do it too!! SPREAD THE WORD! Lets try and get as many people as possible! Because who couldn't use a little bit of HAPPINESS in their lives, am I right?! :D

My hopes is that I'll get tons of HAPPY videos of people being HAPPY and put it all together into ONE GIANT VIDEO OF HAPPY!!! How cool would it be to see how happy people are around you?! Or how cool would it be to see a ton of random people who don't really know each other  united in HAPPINESS! 

Then I (and hopefully you guys too!) will social media the HECK outta that thing and SPREAD THE HAPPINESS TO EVERYONE! :)

.....maybe this can help you get started.... ;) 




My camera died, oops. Oh well, I'M HAPPY!!....Messy, bare house and all. ;)


WAYS TO SEND ME YOUR VIDEO
- Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo, title it "The Happiness Experiment!"  and send me a link to your video to my email: cortneej@gmail.com
- If the file is small enough, you could try and 'zip' it and email it directly!
- If it's short, send me a direct message on Instagram! username: cortnee_furness
- Send it to me on Facebook! Todd-Cortnee Furness, is how you'll find me on Facebook!
- Post it to Twitter and tag me in it! @cortnee_furness is my Twitter handle!
- Aaaaaand...I think I've listed all possible ways to get in contact with me over social media, so any way you want to or can reach me, DO IT. ;)

If you post about it online anywhere, if you'd like,  #thehappinessexperimentYEAH (I added the YEAH because it's fun to say and because that hashtag is un-used and makes it easier for me to find your stuff!)  :)

So....GO! DANCE to HAPPY! BE HAPPY!!! I need some hope from you guys. :)

2 comments:

  1. Court - it's been a million years since I talked to you (like hs soccer days of long ago). I love your blog and your little family! And as a huge fan of jumping pictures, I have to say I am really impressed with your pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, MIchelle! HI!!! You are the sweetest, thank you so much!! Isn't that jumpy picture so rad?! Todd took it, he's professional at making me look better in pictures.... and kind of just in life in general. ;) I hope you're doing well!!

      Delete