Tuesday, March 4, 2014

#nielsensandfurniitakeDISNEY

Did you know I am obsessed with Disney? Ok... well, did you also know I am obsessed with the Nielsen's!? SO AS YOU CAN TELL,  this vacation was literally my favorite thing. WE TOOK DISNEY. (I'm not even sure what that really means. Or if it's really thing. But if it is a thing, we for sure did it.) But it all seriousness, the Nielsen's are some of our very best friends. They are the kind of people that you can never tire being around. Just kindhearted, one of a kind, true blue friends. We're so blessed to have them in our lives. Hopefully they like us as much as we like them... because if not,  TOO BAD. You're stuck with us. ;) #obsessed.


Sometime mid-December Todd calls me from work and says, "do you want to go to California?" In my mind I know he said "do you want to go to California," but literally all I heard was, "WE'RE GOING TO DISNEYLAND!!" So, obviously, I started screaming and asked when we were leaving. (Funny part was, in talking with the Nielsen's later, the exact same thing happend when Kyron asked Marie. Remember how WE ARE TWINS. Cool. Me too. :) ) My mind started going CRAZY thinking about all I wanted to do with Ellie at DISNEYLAND for her first time ever!! Then, I did what any normal person would do: I created a countdown on my phone and sent a screen shot to Marie of the countdown. Every. Single. Day. Can you say, ROAD TRIP!? (That last sentence HAS to be said like a 14 year old girl, complete with a squeal at the end. Without it, it just doesn't have the same effect...) Ellie was a literal CHAMP!


It works out really nice because I have really amazing grandparents who live just outside of Anaheim. (Hotel, CHECK.)  My grandma also is the most incredible and loves to cook. (Meals, CHECK.)  Next stop, sell your arm, leg and 7 and 1/2 of your toes to get into Disney. SO WORTH IT, but man, so expensive! We were only going to be there for 1 day, but we still decided to get tickets to both parks. Honestly, I would buy admission into California Adventure to see World of Color ALONE. It is so, so magical.


The weather was perfect, the whole day in general was perfect and I literally could not have imagined a better Disney trip!! The best way to tell about our experience? Picture binge of course :)

Disneyland at Christmas... Could there be anything greater?! (The answer is no.)  :)



Ellie's first ride was Ariels Under Sea Adventure over at California Adventure!






Ellie wasn't quite sure how she felt about the Heffalumps and Woozles... 

Disney-selfie! (For sure Disney-selfies are totes acceptable.)

My very favorite picture from the WHOLE trip :)






And then there was that time when I took my poor sweet girl on Pirates and she was so scared she straight up put her self to sleep before the end of the ride. #motheroftheyear

She may have been scared of the Heffalumps and Woozles, but she LOVED Beasts Castle. :)


We got to eat at the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney!! Thanks to the INCREDIBLE Cornelius'! :)


Lets just stop and talk about how magical this is for a second. OR how much more magical (thats fun to say :) much more magical..) watching World of Color is with your 1 year old experiencing it for the first time. ORRRR how about I SHOW YOU.  (See below)

What's Disney without your funny ride pictures??  ;)

Our little trooper. :)


AAAAND SO (said in the voice of Julie Andrews), all my wildest dreams came true that day. I was able to share my favorite place with my favorite people and watch my beautiful girl experience the true magic of Disney. And to think, I thought Disney was magical before? <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment