Monday, March 3, 2014

10 things I've learned being a mom to Jennelle Kate Furness.

I wanted to post this like, you know, back when she was 1 (I'm only 2 months late guys, not toooo bad, right?) Better late than never! :) I just chose 10 things because although I learn COUNTLESS things each day, I had to cap it somewhere. And the number 10 would make Monk proud, so. ;) This won't be a generic list of  "10 things I've learned being a mom in the first year", but rather "10 things I've learned being Jennelle's mom in her first year." I haven't been anyone else's mom (yet ;)).


10. Food (aka, her bottle) is meant to be in her mouth the MOMENT she wakes up. Any thing less is UNACCEPTABLE. ;)
9. No one can suffice for DADDY. When he comes home, the world is right again.
8. Bath time is easily the best time.
7. And subsequently the end of bath time is easily the worst time.
6. Smiles (especially Ellie smiles) can heal all of life's woes.
5. When you are with someone, BE WITH THEM. Don't be distracted by anything else. Live, really live in that moment. "If you want to be in their memories tomorrow, you have to be in their lives TODAY."
4. It's so important to truly express your feelings. If you're happy, flap your arms and giggle so everyone knows! If you're sad, let it out so it can be fixed! Whatever is wrong can't be fixed if no one knows there is a problem in the first place.
3. It is MORE than ok to watch the first 17 minutes of Tangled over and over again. (and over, and over and over and over...) It brings smiles!
2. Purple is the greatest color, her favoritest color,  making her purple Care Bear the greatest crib cuddle buddy in existence.
1. You can be happy EVERY SINGLE DAY. There is always, always something to be happy about.

BONUS: Only serve Mac and Cheese for lunch on bath days. ;)


And now, to my perfectest precious little Baby Dude (with the most gorgeous eyes) - you are my best buddy. We do everything together, literally! Who new my best friend and daughter would be all rolled into one tiny human of happiness!! I have the incredible blessing of being able to stay home with you everyday, so over this last year we've become pretty close, you and I. I'd even go as far to say that I know everything about you. ;)  You bring more joy to me and your dad than I think you will ever realize. YOU, you are OUR world. Thank you for allowing us to grow and learn in ways we never thought possible. Thank you for strengthening our marriage. I can honestly say I love your father more today than the day I married him. (And I thought my heart was going to burst straight out of my chest with love for him on that day too so, thats saying something. ;) I am me, because YOU are YOU. THANK YOU for being Y O U.

Love always, mmmmda. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment