Thursday, May 23, 2013

motherhood.

Today we celebrate our little angel's 4 month birthday. (She hasn't even had her proper blog introduction, next post guys, next one.) She's right here next to me, in her swing, snoozin' away. I can't help but get a little emotional, looking at her and all she's grown into these last few months. 
( I know,  I know. Calm down Cort, it's not like she's going off to college today!)
  But it's true.
When I look into her perfect and precious little face, all I can see is heaven. I think to myself, this has GOT to be what heaven is. I can think of no greater joy!


With this wonderful blessing has come change, and lots of it.
I won't say the change is good, or that the change is bad, because I don't think I can connect an emotion to it.
All I know is that it was a WELCOMED change and I have never been happier.
I am a mother. It has become who I am. With this role, I feel like I am one step closer to becoming that person that my Father in Heaven needs me to become. The person He needs me to be for Jennelle, because He loves her so much. He's entrusted ME with her care while she is on this earth.
Woah, pressure.  
But I'm doing my best.


I know I'm not perfect, far from it actually.
But as I read Jennelle her bedtime stories, sing her a few primary songs, help her say prayers and kiss her goodnight, I can't help but feel like I'm doing something right, right? 


I sure hope so. Because this sure feels way too good to be wrong. 




(Low quality photos courtesy of my iPhone. No judgin'.)

6 comments:

  1. YAY YOU ARE A MOM!!! I can already tell that are wonderful mom and I can't wait to join in motherhood...hopefully sooner than later haha!
    Go team no U!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no greater feeling than being entrusted with one of Heaven's angels. She's beautiful, Cort. Well done, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You said everything so perfectly! I love this post. You are such a wonderful mother! I agree with everything you said and feel the exact same way. It's such a blessing being a mom!! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is such a little angel. I am so glad you are loving being a mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen sister!!!! :) I love that you are a mom!!!! Best mom ever!!! I can't wait to see you be a mom!!!!! 6 daaaaaays!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love herrrrr and you. when can we do pictures?! seriously. it's time. she's grown and changed so much.

    ReplyDelete