Thursday, January 23, 2014

A party fit for a PRINCESS.

Remember *this* post? From back when Ellie was inside my tummy still? Our little princess. :) So obviously, it's only fitting that we throw her a FIRST BIRTHDAY PARTY ('cause thats a thing...) that's fit for a princess, right? Right. :)

What you should know:
My child is obsessed with the movie Tangled. Like, I don't think you understand. Swearsies I'm not a bad mom who sticks her child in front of a TV all day, but we seriously watch it ALL the time! It calms her down when she's upset, and I'm 99.4% positive she's got it bad for Flynn Rider.

Knowing this, I decided to make it the theme for her party! I know that first birthday parties have a trend to be more for the the Mom than anyone else, but I tried really hard to make the party really visually Tangled-y, so that she could recognize the decor and enjoy it, too! After all the party is for HER. :) Picture binge ready GO!


As you walked in, there was this little set up! We had cut out lanterns with sticky's so quests could write a note to the birthday girl! It's supposed to look like the mural Rapunzel paints in the movie! If you enlarge the picture, you'll see the picture of it to the left! I still need to add Rapunzel (only her hair is there now), and arrange the lanterns a little, but when I'm done, this will go in her room! :)


We also had a Rapunzel themed photo booth!  You'll see some of the other costumes people had to choose from in the party pictures below. :) But this one is the Flynn Rider "WANTED" poster I made, complete with silly noses to choose from because, duh, "they just can't get my nose right!" ;)


These little beasts, er, I mean beauties were such a hit! (Cutting out those all those little suns was a doooosie.) Originally I was going to have them all made for people to just wear at the party, but I ran out of time so we just had a "Rapunzel Party Hat Making Station." It actually turned out to be really fun. :) 


This was the some of the decor! Lots of lanterns, the Kingdom Sun Banner and pictures of the birthday girl! :) If you don't know my mother, she likes to keep Christmas decor up as long as possible, so it was a Tangled/Christmas theme... ;) (Note the picture of the Manger scene) Also-- anyone else's OCD kicking in at the spacing of the red vases?! Oopsie. :)



The Cake!! Originally I wanted to do colorful frosting, but.. (you guessed it) I ran out of time. And as you will see down below, the color of the frosting made NO difference to the birthday girl. ;) She dove into that thing like a champ!
I just made the little banner out of construction paper! Strawberries are her favorite, so those had to make an appearance as well. 


We also had a princess pinata that we hit with a frying pan! 'Cause, "frying pans!! Who knew, right?!" Ellie didn't really understand, but her cousins sure had fun with it. ;)  



Overall, I think the party turned out pretty great, and the birthday girl had a ton of fun. :)




















We ended off the evening by lighting off a lantern! (Which apparently MUCH harder than it looks.) Whats a Tangled party without lanterns, right? :) I don't want to talk about the fact that I ordered 20 lanterns from eBay that came the day AFTER the party. dfghwipafhsd;kfhsadofia. Luckily Grandma Furness came to the rescue and found one in Lehi. Thank goodness for Grandma's! 







Happiness!!!

Don't you worry, my mushy one year of motherhood post is up next. Stay tuned. ;)

** Sorry if the pictures are spacing all weird like!

3 comments:

  1. are you kidding me???????? cutest freaking party ever!! pretty sure I want this birthday party.... haha happy birthday ellie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes!!!!! loved it ALLL!!!!!! Such a crazy fun party for the cutest little princess in the world!!! i'm still glad Ty didn't give anyone a black eye with the fry pan, haha!!! so cute!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS is amazing! And yes, I totally did just PIN IT to Pinterest:) You are going to be famous and mothers everywhere are going to try and be like you, including me:) Love you and that cute princess of yours!

    ReplyDelete