Wednesday, September 5, 2012

i am growing a human inside my belly


No doubt the biggest news that occurred during my blogging absence is the fact that Todd and I found out that we will be adding a little human to our little family! Little peanut is a GIRL and will be arriving to this world on February 2nd, 2013.  Wait.. did I really just say that? We're going to be parents?!



(First sonogram, at 8 1/2 weeks)

I didn't tell Todd in a cool way, I wish I would have though. I just woke up one day, decided to take the home-pregnancy test, and then called him while he was driving to work FREAKING OUT trying to get the words "we're....having....a....baby," out, when I'm sure all he really heard was, "sgweaif%*hlsdkjfhwel%u^&*afdh&ss*)bda%^cjkdslbfduk^&*fhasdkfhjdslfksdacbksdfdb^(khflakdshjfaklsfhjsdkklsdhflsk&^*%^*&%jhsfalkdshjflashfjsdajsd!!


(Second set of sonograms, 16 1/2 weeks!)

Because I know you're probably wondering, (that, and almost every other person has asked us...) yes, we were "planning" to have a baby right now. There is nothing in this life that I want more than to be a wife and a mother. It is who I am meant to be. Why wait? Being married to my handsome husband is the greatest joy I have ever known and I know that becoming a mother will only add to that joy, immensely.  And I know that the precious little peanut that is coming into our family is meant to come to Todd and I. I like to think that she's been up in Heaven, cheering us on as we fell in love and as we make the decisions and steps to prepare for her arrival.  Todd is going to be the most incredible father. :) I cannot wait to see him hold her for the first time. Oh, and baby WILL have his eyes. No battle.





                                                                                   

4 comments:

  1. Perhaps it is because it is all so fresh in my mind, and because I love being a mom so much, but I was practically sobbing at the end of this. You are going to be a great mom. There is truly nothing greater in this world. Words cannot even explain it. I'm so happy for you both and can't wait to see this little girl. She and Jack can get married haha. Let me know if you need anything! Talking about pregnancy and child birth ranks right next to Jack on my favorite topics. Yes. I'm weird. Hope you are feeling well. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Katie I stinking LOVE you. Thank you, that honestly means so much! And I am ALL about arranged marriages ;) haha We have to have play dates for sureee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats! We are so excited for you guys. You are both going to make such amazing parents. You're right, being married is awesome and having kids definitely adds even more joy. Cort, you look so cute in your belly pictures. Love, Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  4. TEAM NO U!!! I freaking love you and can't tell you how excited I am for you two!! I love your belly (does that sound creepy haha)!! You look adorable and your little one is so lucky to be blessed with such wonderful parents!!

    ReplyDelete